How do I add a section to an event microsite?
To add a section to your event microsite, first enter the Microsite Editor and select th epage you wish to add a section to form the pages displayed on the left hand column. Following this, click on the 'Add' button and select the 'Add Section' option - you will then see the following options:
- Section Title - displays a title for your section when viewed in the microsite, this field is mandatory.
- Section Content - this allows you to add the text you want to be displayed in the section for your microsite. Text can be formatted using Markdown (see our 'Markdown Help Sheet' in *** for a full breakdown of how to use this type of text formatting).
- File Download - this allows you can to upload a document, picture, file and make it available for download from the microsite. You can give your file a title, which the attendee can click on to download the file from the section when viewed in the microsite, otherwise the actual filename will be displayed by default.
- Background Image - this option provides you with the ability to add a 'background' image for your section. When you create multiple sections for your site, getregistered® will provide you with alternating coloured backgrounds by default... but if you want to personalize your microsite, upload an image here and make it your own!
- Inline Image - this is a handy feature that allows you to add small inline images such as a speakers head shot, hotel logo etc.
When editing or creating anything in the Event Microsite Editor, you will always have the option to save or reset your work by using the options provided on the top right of the page. Please remember to 'Save' on a regular basis - we do not provide any automatic saving abilities, meaning if you don't hit 'Save' then any work you have created will be lost. You also have the ability to 'Reset' your work, clicking on this will remove any changes made since the last time you saved your microsite.